The Service Warranty Administrator is responsible for reviewing and completing warranty claims. This includes preparing, recording, reconciling warranty claims and submitting them to the appropriate party.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Process all claims by next business day following RO close date
- Handel and resolve all claim corrections and charge-backs
- Establish and maintain relationships with the manufacturer's designated warranty representatives
- Review every warranty repair order written for proper completion, accuracy and legibility according to the policies and procedures
- Analyze problems, identify trends and develop strategies for maximizing claim process
- Flag the technicians for the hours earned on the service they performed
- Check each repair order against the vehicles service history to avoid duplicate claims
- Provide a weekly report to the service manager regarding claim status
- Report any fraudulent manipulation of warranty claims
- Provide parts manager with updated parts listing on a weekly basis
- Conduct weekly audits of warranty and schedules, reviewing all old claims, and address any adjustments or write-offs
- Assist service consultants in closing all open warranty RO's
- Assist service consultants and technicians with any warranty questions
- Assist with special projects, audits and reports as requested
- Review and manage all aging schedules and reports
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Attend warranty training courses as needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to confront and resolve difficult customer service situations
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General knowledge of automotive parts and vehicle mechanical operations
- Two years of experience in a automotive dealership
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.