The Auto Body Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with the dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Service Managers, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in a safe manner
- Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.