The Collision Production Manager is responsible for writing body shop damage estimates, negotiating with insurance adjusters, completing billing and other shop related activities in the absence of the Body Shop Manager.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Collision Managers, Collision Managers, and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Break down estimates into labor and parts before job is started so technicians are aware of time allowances
- Follow up with Parts Department to ensure availability of ordered parts
- Revise and approve time allowances of each job
- Assist with quality check of completed jobs
- Prepare final billing for completed repair orders
- Assist Body Shop Manager with the daily activities of the center including: communications with technicians, painters, insurance company representatives, parts wholesalers, other departments with-in the dealership and customers
- Estimate writing, repair selling, job scheduling, completion date notification, repair order billing, filing, answering phones, supplement authorization and follow-up, weekly payroll and Quality Control maintenance
- Maintain organization of body shop tools and proper equipment function
- Ensure adequate materials and paint supplies are available for production
- Follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- I-Car certification (preferred)
- Three years of experience in a dealership position (preferred)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations
- Sales experience (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience providing quality customer service
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.