The service drive manager greets customers and collects information necessary to repair the problems with their vehicle. This includes following through with the technicians and the customer so the customer is satisfied with the work performed.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Service Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Schedule and assign daily work objectives for the service consultants
- Monitor performance and counsel service consultants with behavioral or performance issues
- Train, coach, supervise and assist service consultants
- Assist in the service reception during peak traffic times by greeting customers in a timely and friendly manner to obtain customer and vehicle data
- Maintain all supplies required to operate the service drive
- Communicate with team leaders to determine status of jobs
- Review the open repair order report on a daily basis, review and resolve any open repair orders that are beyond current week's business
- Partner with all other dealership personnel to ensure quality of service provided to customers
- Perform quality inspections of vehicles being returned to customers
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction with service work
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste, OSHA right-to-know act, ect:
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Two years of experience in an auto repair facility
- Ability to collaborate with other dealership personnel
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- One year of supervisory experience (preferred)
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.