The Vehicle Inspector is responsible for performing vehicle inspections and repair as assigned in accordance with AutoNation Auction standards.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performing work with efficiency and accuracy
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunction and performing the needed repairs.
- Communicating with Parts Vendors to obtain necessary parts.
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Documenting all work to be performed and completing the work order in the Auction System as soon as the job is complete
- Attending factory sponsored training classes
- Following federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience (preferred)
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Must have valid in-state driver’s license and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.