The General Manager position is the leader of an AutoNation store, overseeing New and Used Sales, Financial Services, and Customer Care, which includes Service, Parts and Collision. This role drives the performance of the store by attracting, developing and retaining great talent and creating an exceptional buying and ownership experience for our customers.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with customers, store associates, region and market leadership, manufacturer representatives and vendors, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the store to achieve targeted performance in all areas of the business
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent for the store
- Creating an exceptional customer experience to drive customer loyalty
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with manufacturer partners
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance.
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a General Manager is measured by achieving:
- Targeted unit sales and profit in all business areas
- Targeted expense management
- Targeted Associate retention
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Automotive retail General Manager experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain great talent
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to drive revenue and profitability
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our General Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- Market President
- Other Corporate or Region support role
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.