The Base technician possess a general mechanical knowledge of all basic systems of a vehicle and the ability to follow direction of supervisors and/or service publications to perform work satisfactorily.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Service Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Follow factory and dealership repair procedures when performing warranty work
- Participate in service technician training programs
- Become familiar with latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications
- Participate in all in-dealership service training activities
- Attend manufacture sponsored service trainings
- Record cause of failure and a description of work done accurately and clearly on all repair orders
- Communicate regularly with service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information
- Request parts from the parts department as necessary
- Communicate regularly with the service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm diagnosis, status of repair, road test results and completion of work
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Graduate of mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent experience
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test Technical or trade school degree preferred
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.