Provides human resources support in multiple areas inclusive of HR administration (job postings, recruiting, pre-employment screening, associate orientation, compliance, new hire and other HR documentation) for all assigned dealership locations and serves as the Store HR contact for Region Payroll/SRC Coordinators.
This position will report directly to Region and will be the primary interface with the assigned dealerships, Region HR and Payroll/SSC teams.
- Monitors the status of associates on leaves of absence, including workers compensation, and facilitates their return to work.
- Works closely with Region HR team to ensure the proactive identification and resolution of Associate relations issues including Alertlines.
- Follows up on performance improvement plans and works with Region HR on any compliance issues.
- Meets with department managers at all assigned dealerships regarding turnover and open positions.
- Ensures dealership level compliance with AutoNation standardized HR processes, procedures and approval requirements, as well as addresses policy related questions.
- Conducts new hire orientation, and completes all new hire documentation in compliance with AutoNation standards and government regulations.
- Coordinates completion of PAF documentation as necessary based on approval requirements.
- Ensures the timely, accurate distribution of Associate-related communications.
- Serves as the liaison with other departments, dealerships, Region and/or Corporate in the resolution of HR-related issues.
- Conducts annual benefit open enrollment and 401k presentation meetings for assigned dealerships.
- Coordinates and monitors Associate training and may conduct training in selected areas.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and partners.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Minimum 3-4 years HR-related experience.
- In-depth understanding of HR processes and HR-related regulations.
- Customer focused with strong communication skills.
- Prior multi-site experience.
- Ability to professionally address Associate relations issues, while protecting confidential information.
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS office software – MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook.
- HR generalist experience in a multi-unit retail or automotive environment
- College degree
- Requires some travel between corporate headquarters and offsite locations call center.
- Work in an office environment often requiring long periods of time at a computer.
Career Path Opportunity:
- Corporate Human Resources Manager, Region Human Resource Manager
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career path opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs and the qualifications of internal and external candidates.