The service appointment coordinator receives all incoming service calls, establishes relationships with the customers and schedules appointments for the Service Department.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Ask the customer qualifying questions to uncover needs and directs calls appropriately
- Ensures that service consultants receive messages promptly
- Make service appointments if service consultants are unavailable, route appointment information to the appropriate service consultant
- Provide reporting to dealership management
- Collect retail charges from the customer in cash, check or authorized charge account
- Provide customers with the proper change and/or receipt
- Properly process and document charge purchases according to the policies established by the Controller
- Close all internal repair orders promptly and route to Billing Clerk for processing
- File accounting copies of repair orders and parts tickets, file hard copies of repair orders in customer service files
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and/or training, or or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract, divide and comprehend written instructions and information
- 6-12 months previous work experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous industry experience (preferred)
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.