The Fleet Sales Associate has the opportunity to identify, consult and sell vehicles to fleet account customers. This role will work within the business community and local government agencies to build relationships and drive vehicle purchase programs in a business-to-business environment. The goal is to create an exceptional vehicle-buying experience to build customer loyalty and referral business to AutoNation.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with business prospects, current customers, Sales Managers, other Sales Associates, Financial Services Manager and Service Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Developing prospects for potential fleet business
- Cold-calling prospects to build relationships and determine vehicle needs for their business
- Following-up as needed prospects to develop fleet accounts
- Using a consultative selling process to match the best vehicle to the Customer needs
- Creating a great vehicle delivery experience for the Customer
- Following up with fleet customers to ensure satisfaction and continued loyalty
- Setting and achieving targeted sales goals
- Gaining superior product knowledge to effectively help Customers
- Transition Customers to the Service Department to support their ownership experience
- Providing an exceptional Customer experience to drive loyalty
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Fleet Sales Associate is measured by achieving:
- Targeted prospect conversions to fleet accounts
- Targeted unit sales and profit
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Prior business-to-business sales experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Fleet Sales Associate role. Opportunities may include:
- Fleet Sales Manager
- Financial Services Manager
- Service Advisor
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.