The Collision Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair as assigned in accordance with the dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Collision Managers, Collision Associates, and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Diagnose the cause of malfunction and performs the needed repair
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Advises Collision Center Manager if additional work is needed
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Attends factory sponsored training classes
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience (preferred)
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.