We’re AutoNation – America’s largest automotive retailer from coast to coast, with over 220 stores representing 34 different vehicle brands. Our vision is to be America’s best place to buy and service cars and trucks. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our Customers and drive Customer loyalty. We offer great career opportunities from coast to coast, along with excellent pay programs, benefits, training and a culture where we strive to help our Associates be highly successful. If you have the drive, we have the vehicle. Position Overview
The Regional Used Vehicle Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the activities of the Used Vehicle Sales Departments for multiple locations in achieving used vehicle unit sales and PVR.
Who Would I Interact With?
- This position would interact with the GM/UCM and other department heads at store level.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading yourself and the sales team in a way that supports AutoNation’s Vision and Mission Ensuring effective inventory mix and pricing to market.
- Moving inventory among AutoNation stores as needed to maximize retail opportunities Inventory Manager for the market.
- Obtaining and exceeding budgets for Volume and PVR Train the UCM on AutoNation processes.
- Driving effective merchandising of vehicles including all AutoNation point-of-purchase materials.
- Partnering with Service Departments to manage reconditioning of used vehicles.
- Forecasting market results by store.
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes.
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations.
- Managing controllable expense elements for the market Used Vehicle Departments.
- Organizing auction activities.
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance.
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Used Vehicle Manager is measured by achieving:
- Targeted unit sales and gross profit for the market.
- Targeted speed to market.
- Targeted trade appraisals and retention.
- Targeted Associate retention.
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive used car background.
- Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others.
- Seven plus years of dealership operations experience.
- Three plus years of previous sales experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Experience and desire to work with technology.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Used Vehicle Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- General Sales Manager.
- General Manager
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.