The Fleet/Fleetail Sales Manager has the opportunity to lead a sales team to identify, consult and sell vehicles to fleet account customers. This role is responsible for selecting, training, coaching, developing and retaining the very best Fleet Sales Associates to drive a high-level of performance among the sales team to increase market share, achieve targeted unit sales and profit margins while delighting every Customer along the way. This role will work within the business community and local government agencies to build relationships and drive vehicle purchase programs in a business-to-business environment.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Sales Associates, Sales Managers, Financial Services Manager and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading yourself and the team in a way that supports AutoNation’s Vision and Mission
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the sales team to achieve targeted performance in new and used vehicle sales and profit
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations
- Developing prospects for potential fleet business
- Cold-calling prospects to build relationships and determine vehicle needs for their business
- Managing the negotiation process with Sales Associates ensuring that customers understand their vehicle purchase options and pricing
- Appraising vehicles for trade
- Partnering with General Manager and/or General Sales Manager to plan and manage new vehicle inventory
- Assisting in managing controllable expense elements for the New Vehicle Departments
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Fleet Sales Manager is measured by achieving:
- Targeted unit sales and gross profit
- Targeted Associate retention
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven success in auto retail sales
- Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Ability to drive an exceptional Customer experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Sales Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- Used Vehicle Manager
- Financial Services Director
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.