The Collision Department Automotive Mechanical | Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair as assigned in accordance with the dealer and factory standards. This position will vary in hours based on shop needs. Hours could range from P/T to F/T each week based on what the store has in WIP. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is currently working as an ASE Certified Technician and is looking to slow down, or for a retired Master Tech who still holds current certifications and is looking for part time work. This is strictly a position for an A Tech with a well develop skill set who can work on a variety of different vehicles.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Collision Managers, Collision Associates, Customers and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Diagnose the cause of malfunction and performs the needed repair
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Advises Collision Center Manager if additional work is needed
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Attends factory sponsored training classes
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least 5+ years automotive experience (preferred)
- Must have a valid, current drivers license
- Ability to operate automobiles independantly, both automatic and manual
- Tools necessary to perform repairs
- Willingness to work varied hours based on WIP
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.