The Regional Collision Director (RCD) acts under the authority of the Region Vice President of Customer Care (RVPCC) and is responsible to the RVPCC for the effective operations of all collision activities within the Region.
The RCD is the focal point for collision operations related activity. Working through the regional leadership infrastructure he/she is accountable for the financial performance, coordinated marketing, customer relations, insurer relations, staffing, and overall coordination of the collision operations activities within the region. The RCD will collect and analyze data providing feedback and recommendations for improvement to the Regional President as well as the Corporate Director of Collision Repair.
The Key Evaluation Criteria are: regional collision operations financial performance, customer satisfaction, compliance to national and regional initiatives.
The position can be based out of Atlanta, GA, or Tampa, FL. We will consider candidates from other locations such as OH or TN as well.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of performance within the region’s collision operations
- Coordinate with the regional leadership, develop and follow-up on individual business unit action plans to achieve the desired outcome
- Champion National and Regional initiatives within the Region (Assessment, Training, Implementation, Certification, etc.,)
- Attend National Fixed Operations (and/or collision) meetings conducted by Corporate Fixed Operations
- Interact with business unit through in-store visits, telephone, and written correspondences
- Provide feedback to the Collision Center Managers, Regional and Corporate staff based on the contacts
- Involve in and coordinate collective marketing efforts
- Facilitate regional and market relationships and referrals and ensure customer issue resolution
- Act as the “primary” point of contact” between regional operations and insurers
- Monitor morale and advise the leadership of the region
- New store and personnel integration
- Develop succession plan within the region for continuous collision operations
- Oversee the collective recruiting, selection, and staffing effort of collision in the region
- Evaluate and coordinate collision training initiatives
- Participate in the monthly operating review (MOR)
- Participate in the annual budget preparation and validate its premise with quantifiable data and initiatives
- Compliance and reporting of any activity that would expose the corporation to avoidable risk
- Effective leadership of assigned staff
- Coordinate external resources
- Share “Best demonstrated Practices”
- Recognition and team building.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 5 years fixed operations or equivalent experience
- Valid drivers license
- Prior managerial accounting & P/L responsibility
- Business unit operational experience in a leadership role
- Reside in primary region of responsibility
- Industry knowledge (operations, mgmt, insurer relations, etc.,)
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial operating reports
- Experience in Service, Parts, and/or Collision business operations
- Current in industry trends, process, and procedures
- Exposure to advanced production principles
- Demonstrated communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated project management, presentation, and training skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Four year college degree.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.