AutoNation - America’s largest automotive retailer is looking for qualified people to join our team. AutoNation has been named “America’s Most Admired” automotive retailer for 5 of the past 6 years by Fortune magazine. Our ability to perform at such a high level is directly related to the efforts of our talented team of professionals, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. AutoNation offers unlimited earning potential, with an extremely generous compensation program in addition to industry leading benefits. Top performers deserve top pay-If you have the Drive, We have the Vehicle.
The Buy Out Planner acts under the authority of the Manager, Supply Chain Planning, Customer Care and is responsible for the effective management of Sourcing and Procuring product that is not available to fill customer orders from domestic suppliers for all Distribution Centers/Forward Stocking Locations and making recommendations to add product to the assortment or adjusting Reorder Points. The Buy Out Planner is responsible for making buy or don’t buy decisions based on availability and cost analysis. The Buy Out Planner will be responsible primarily for fulfilling immediate customer demand, out of stock root cause analysis. As well as assist with Creating, automating, and optimizing current and new processes and reporting.
- Resides on the Customer Care Corporate team and acts under the authority of the Manager, Supply Chain Planning, Customer Care
- Will be a key interface with Customer Care Product Management Team, Parts Catalog Management Team, Parts Managers & Service Directors
- Fulfilling immediate customer demand from Domestic Suppliers for SKU’s that are not available in each Distribution Center and Forward Stocking Location.
- Creating and Sending Purchase Orders to Suppliers
- Identifies and resolves low to out of stock issues, focusing on minimizing shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of reorder points
- Purchase Order Follow up (Ship Dates, ETA’s, Back Orders & Expediting)
- Work directly with Product Management in regards to creating new SKU’s and updating vendor information
- Assists with Out of Stock root cause analysis
- Recommends SKU’s to add to the assortment
- Presenting reports and data analytics to management
- Assists with quality issues and RTV’s
- Assists with transferring product from Distribution Centers to the Forward Stocking Locations
- PO, receipt, and invoice reconciliation
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain or Related field / 2-5 years Planning, Sourcing, and/or purchasing or equivalent experience (multi-level distribution channel/ valid driver’s license
- Four-year college degree / industry knowledge (Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Purchasing etc.,) / ability to analyze and interpret financial operating reports / experience in service, parts, and/or collision business operations / current in industry trends, process, and procedures / exposure to advanced sales & logistics principles / demonstrated communications skills, both written and oral / demonstrated project management, presentation, and training skills / proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- AutoNation branded parts Instock performance / Inventory performance / compliance to AutoNation policies, procedures, & initiatives