Serve as an HR Generalist for AutoNation Corporate Associates. This position will work with all levels of the organization to provide support and guidance in employee relations, performance management, coaching and development, employee engagement and the development and implementation of programs for the corporate population of 600+ associates.
Directly reports to the Director, People Development and Associate Relations and will interact with all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Provide Corporate Associates with Human Resources support to include assisting with complex employee relations matters to ensure fair treatment and compliance with company policies and applicable laws, and coaching and counseling managers and associates for consistency in maintaining company policies, practices and legal considerations.
- Investigate and respond to Alert Line complaints.
- Partner with Human Resources Business Partner and Learning and Development to develop, implement and manage programs and processes to engage the workforce and drive employee retention, to include employee recognition and rewards programs.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partner and Learning and Development to create, update and administer corporate programs, policies, and procedures, to include New Hire Orientation, Onboarding, Tuition Reimbursement and learning/training opportunities.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Partner with Communications and Corporate Facilities in establishing and maintaining corporate associate events, and AutoNation initiatives such as AutoNation’s well-being program.
- Work with Director, Human Resources Business Partner to manage the performance appraisal process including communications, monitoring and program improvements.
- Work to create an open and collaborative work environment while driving employee engagement.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of background, skills and relevant experience.
- 7+ years HR generalist experience in a Corporate environment.
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Strong problem solving, coaching and facilitation skills required.
- Ability to influence change and lead associates through human resources company practices and philosophy.
SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP Certification
Next Possible Position:
- Regional HR Manager
- Talent Development Manager
- Director, Corporate Human Resources
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.