DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Senior Director, Distribution and Logistics acts under the authority of VP, Customer Care and is responsible for the responsible for Identifying and Implementing distribution centers and full logistics to support AutoNation branded parts, aftermarket collision and AutoGear accessories. The Senior Director will work closely with suppliers, our stores, Director Inventory and Purchasing on right inventory in the right place at the right time. They will closely work with our stores and customers to provide effective timely delivery of product. Ongoing they will implement measures to monitor the performance of our distribution centers both in the warehouse and delivery of goods both inbound and outbound.
- Resides on the Customer Care Corporate Team and acts under the authority of the VP, Customer Care.
- Will directly work with the Director Product and Sales and Director Inventory and Purchasing
- Interacts with RPD’s, CCD’s and store Parts Managers
- Develop and Implement a distribution strategy to support AutoNation branded parts, aftermarket collision and AutoGear.
- Responsible for working closely with the Parts Customer Care team to handle all inbound and outbound freight as well as the placement of those products in our network.
- Maintain high standards in warehouse performance and inventory control per AutoNation policies and procedure
- Identify and launch systems and tools that are needed to manage inventory across the network as well as at individual locations (DMS or other)
- Develop and implement delivery strategies for distributing product across the network including our stores and the end customer they support in our wholesale business.
- Create and monitor performance metrics relating to delivery including time from order to end customer.
- Continually review cost and process to drive on going improved parts performance profitability. throughout the network
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferable in Business or Engineering. Master’s degree desired.
- 7-10 years of warehouse and inventory management of multi-location enterprise with a national footprint.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to independently research and analyze supply base /.
- Expertise in MS Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers, ideally in the parts and service space.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs, etc.).
- Strong analytics and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in management of distribution and logistics practices and procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or WMS software highly preferred.
- Experience with BI and/or Tableau.
Next Possible Position:
VP of Parts Wholesale & Supply Chain Operations