The Category Manager will be leading category and sourcing strategy and drives programs across multiple projects within the Professional Services and Transportation categories. Provides strong leadership and collaboration with Supply Chain, Operations and Finance to implement cost efficient solutions to drive savings, reduce risk, and enable revenue growth for the enterprise.
- Develops, implements and maintains a 3-5 year strategic category plan in support of the business
- Formulates the annual procurement plan in concert with functional leadership and business unit finance during the annual business plan development process
- Executes against the annual procurement plan with baselines approved and deliverables ratified by functional leadership and business unit finance
- Performs additional ad hoc projects as required
- Provides subject matter expertise on the procurement profession, specifically in the Professional Services (i.e. Business Process Outsourcing, Corporate Tax, Audit and Accounting, Legal and HR) and Transportation (TL, LTL and Final Mile) subcategories.
- Develops and proposes business cases for stakeholders, inclusive of risk
- Interfaces with Functional Leadership and Financial Management on Lease/Buy and BPO (business process outsourcing) considerations
- Partners with Supply Chain and Operations and determines cost drivers, key suppliers in the market, addressable cost components, best practices and market pricing etc.
- Conducts negotiations, inclusive of RFx, auctions, etc., manages supplier analysis and selection activities and coordinates contract review and approval.
- Collaborates with the business on the development and reporting of scorecards and KPIs.
- Responsible for commercial terms of contracting process. Partners with Legal team for contract review and execution.
- BS/BA from accredited university in Business or Supply Chain required; MS/MBA preferred
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience in Supply Chain and Transportation, in the following: Truckload, LTL and Final Mile system implementation and optimization.
- Ability to structure complex professional services negotiations, agreements and SLAs to reduce total cost of ownership and mitigate risk.
- Strong category management experience required.
- Effectively communicates and interacts across all levels of the organization including Store and Regional Personnel, Corporate Management and Senior Leadership
- Excellent leadership, communications, presentation and problem solving skills
- Expertise in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Industry certifications (i.e. ISM) a plus
- Strong ability to implement selected solutions effectively and multi-task in tight timelines.