AutoNation - America’s largest automotive retailer is looking for qualified people to join our team. AutoNation has been named “America’s Most Admired” automotive retailer for 5 of the past 6 years by Fortune magazine. Our ability to perform at such a high level is directly related to the efforts of our talented team of professionals, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. AutoNation offers unlimited earning potential, with an extremely generous compensation program in addition to industry leading benefits. Top performers deserve top pay-If you have the Drive, We have the Vehicle.
The Parts Product Specialist acts under the authority of the Product Manager, Customer Care Parts and is responsible for the effective management of the assigned lines of AutoNation branded and affiliated parts. The Parts Product Specialist will be the field operations as it relates to our branded and affiliated product(s). The Parts Product Specialist will be responsible for monitoring assigned product lines’ vendor product information, quality of goods, vendor performance, product inventory assortment, cost of acquisition, tracking and communicating sales, volume, and margin performance.
Resides on the Customer Care Corporate team and acts under the authority of the Parts Product Manager Customer Care Parts
- Help define product positioning across the network identifying our relationship to the OE product and our competitive advantages. This would include product cost analysis, competitive analysis, expected margins and the ongoing monitoring of the product performance
Leads the creation of marketing materials and product training as it pertains to launching product and ongoing product support.
- Help AutoNation leverage supplier assets to create our materials.
- Will at times interact with our field and Regional staff as it relates to launch and ongoing product training needs.
- Key liaison between supplier and Sales staff in the field as it relates to product concerns, issues or opportunities.
- Will work with Purchasing to help monitor supplier performance including logistics and service levels agreed to.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Computer Science; Engineering: Management Science
- 2 to 3 years purchasing and/or product management or equivalent experience (store level and multi-unit level).
- Valid driver’s license
- Automotive aftermarket industry knowledge.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial product performance.
- Experience in parts and/or collision distribution operations.
- Have knowledge of current industry trends, process, and procedures.
- Have exposure to advanced sales & logistics principles.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Have good project management, presentation, and training skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, must be proficient in Access and Excel.
- Have a solid understanding of relational database management.
AutoNation branded parts financial performance / Inventory performance / compliance to AutoNation policies, procedures, & initiatives