DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Catalog Support Specialist reports to the Director of Catalog and Content Management and is a key member of the catalog and product management team which creates product information of aftermarket collision, service, and accessories. This is a single incumbent position that will solely interact with our catalog managers, product management, marketing department, and other internal business units to help execute content and merchandising strategies. Ongoing they will maintain the accuracy of the Electronic Product Catalog by analyzing content for accuracy and completeness using quality assurance tools. Additionally, this role will aid and support our Product management, Customer service, E-Commerce, and Sourcing team when required.
- Resides within the ACP Auto Parts business unit and acts under the authority of the Catalog Development Manager.
- Will interface with Catalog Content, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Interacts with Product Managers, other coordinators, and supplier representatives.
- Communicate to the reporter of the discrepancy the outcome of actions taken to address and or correct issue.
- Develop and enhance value-add content in support of products within eCatalog database. Value add content consists of digital assets, marketing copy, features and benefits information, product level specifications, product cross references, cross sell content and keyword search alias content
- Interacts with trading partners to validate and acquire updated content in support of enhancing coverage and issues identified in original content set. Communicates results of data analysis to management
- Ensure content supporting pending line changes or product line reviews is properly represented within eCatalog system prior to store release
- Creates application level eCatalog content in support of new product lines
- Interacts with the online community via forums and online groups soliciting ideas for kit and product creation
- Creates kits directed at common repairs and faults, shares and highlights these components internally and externally.
- Manages the additions of products and brands for a respective make within the catalog
High School graduate with minimum 2 years’ experience as a catalog content role / expertise in MS Excel, Power Point, Access/SQL / strong product knowledge and understanding of Automotive Parts / basic familiarity with product management / basic familiarity with Marketing and online sales channels / excellent oral and written communication skills.
Associate / Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing/Sales and minimum 2 years’ experience in Product marketing and Automotive content management / Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs, etc.) / Advanced proficiency in relational DB’s (Access or SQL) / Thorough knowledge of automotive parts cataloging or parts counter experience / Previous experience in eCatalog content processing / Previous experience in digital image editing/manipulation / Understanding of the Auto Care Association standards for content delivery (ACES/PIES)
KEY EVALUATION CRITERIA:
AutoNation Product financial performance / YOY Growth / Product KPI’s / Compliance to AutoNation policies, procedures and initiatives
POSSIBLE NEXT POSITION:
Catalog Development Manager