This role will be near Clearewater, FL
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine maintenance and repair procedures, including inspections, on AutoNation facilities within the Tampa area. The Maintenance Technician will also perform a variety of skilled duties in the building trades such as carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC and other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining and repairing facilities. This position also requires oversight of vendor work to ensure quality and timeliness of repairs.
Who would I interact with?
In this role you will partner directly with Store, Region, and Corporate management. You will also represent AutoNation to outside vendors and various governmental inspectors and officials.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Perform daily inspection of properties & buildings to ensure safe and image commensurate operational conditions are maintained including mechanical systems, furniture and fixtures, roofing, landscaping, paint, life safety, and security
- Perform repairs, maintenance, installation, construction work as required in the building trades such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, mechanical, minor electrical, roofing and HVAC
- Conduct inspections and subsequent remediation repairs and maintenance required by OEM franchise program guidelines
- Develop the scope for all necessary outside vendor repair work and maintenance items and coordinate with store management for timely execution and then conduct a quality control check on work performed
- Operate light machinery and tools as required in the performance of general duties
- Act as the primary first responder 24/7 to all emergency situations at assigned stores and buildings for both mechanical failures, environmental hazards, and natural disasters.
- Input and receive work orders via the AutoNation digital work order processing system. Close out repairs, upload photographs to firm scope and completion of work
What are the requirements for this job?
- Minimum 5 years of broad hands-on trade experience within a maintenance/repair role
- Good knowledge of the trade practices, terminology, and safety precautions of the building trades
- Must be able to drive and hold a valid license and have a safe driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include extended shifts, overnight and weekend assignments
- Required physical exertion to stand, walk, sit, reach, kneel, crouch, crawl lift, carry, climb or balance and work with materials daily
Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
What’s my next possible position?
Keywords: Maintenance Technician, Facilities, Facilities Technician, Building Engineer, Building Technician, Maintenance Man, Maintenance Supervisor, Vendor Supervisor, Clearwater Area