The position reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering. This person will be using their extensive technical experience to provide operational support for AutoNation’s enterprise server and storage systems. This position will also play a role in project support and implementation.
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
- 24/7 operational support of environment with a rotating on call pager
- Support and Maintenance of the AutoNation Infrastructure Stack
- Active Directory / DNS / DHCP
- Backup / Storage
- File and Print Services
- Citrix (XenDesktop/XenApp)
- Disaster Recovery
- Cisco UCS / Dell Servers
- Operating System patching and application deployment
- vmware & Hyper-v
- Red Hat Linux
- Microsoft Exchange / O365 Messaging Hybrid infrastructure
- Azure / AWS
- Communicates changes through established Change Control Process
- Coordinates/Updates Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Provide liaison support between various operating departments and their support staff
- Prepares and Performs capacity management trend analysis using a variety of reporting tools
- Provide assessment, design, execution and project management of key infrastructure related initiatives
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability.
- Assist Senior Engineers to architect solutions to meet business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences or related focus
- MCSE & VCP preferred
- Minimum 4 years of infrastructure experience
- Extensive knowledge in Linux operating systems
- Expertise in Windows operating systems 2008/2012/2016
- Solid working knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP and networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Strong understanding of routers/switches and firewalls
- Solid working knowledge of virtualization technology such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Must have balanced systems engineering background supporting Active Directory, DNS, Messaging & Backup
- Hands on experience with a cloud provider such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.X administration, deployments, installations, and troubleshooting.
- Project planning and project/team leadership experience, with strong analytical and problem determination skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Next Possible Position:
Senior Systems Engineer
Travel: Some travel may be required.
Physical Requirements: Some heavy lifting may be required.