Senior Database AdministratorWhite Plains, New York Auto TechLabs, Inc. Requisition ID 2019-126825
The Senior DBA role is responsible for providing operational and engineering database support to AutoNation. This role will also be involved in Senior level discussions within the team and outside team and be a representative of the DBA team in architectural discussions at AutoNation. We are a SQL Server heavy shop on our journey to the cloud (AWS + Azure).
As a member of AutoNation's DBA team, the role requires frequent interaction with teams including Application Development, QA, PMO, Security, DevOps, Network Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Administer and maintain all environments and provide day-to-day operational support
- Provide thought leadership, advice and guidance in your field of expertise, especially for architecture and design
- Provide inputs in setting governance and standards related to all aspects of databases
- Reduce the frequency and duration of IT database failures
- Perform ongoing tuning of database instances
- Build and provide actionable reports in support of performance testing to be submitted to the project teams to review and provide follow up actions to ensure optimum support to meet SLAs
- Provide problem and root cause analysis data to the IT support organization through capacity management tools and techniques
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of databases
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure uptime of the database
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years' experience with database administration for MSSQL Server 2014 and up
- Minimum 3 years of SQL server database architecting experience
- Experience with administering databases greater than 5 TB
- Experience in architecting a vldb
- Automation experience for day to day tasks is required.
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server 2014 and up, including failover clustering, log shipping, and MSSQL Always On
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems (performance issues, database integrity issues, blocking and deadlocking issues)
- Experience in MS SQL Business Intelligence Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server backup and recovery scenario
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server replication
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts is desirable
- Experience with mongodb, mysql, aurora is desirable
- Experience with Delphix is highly desirable
Next Possible Position: Lead DBA
- Requires travel within USA
- Possible longer hours during production incidents
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.