Director, Enterprise ArchitectureWhite Plains, New York Auto TechLabs, Inc. Requisition ID 2018-91619
AutoNation - America’s largest automotive retailer is looking for qualified people to join our team. AutoNation has been named “America’s Most Admired” automotive retailer for 5 of the past 6 years by Fortune magazine. Our ability to perform at such a high level is directly related to the efforts of our talented team of professionals, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. AutoNation offers unlimited earning potential, with an extremely generous compensation program in addition to industry leading benefits. Top performers deserve top pay-If You have the Drive, We have the Vehicle.
The Director Enterprise Application Architecture reports to the Senior Director Enterprise Architecture and is responsible for developing, leading and maintaining the Enterprise Application Architecture function for AutoNation. This position will lead and facilitate the efforts to determine the selection, organization, and integration of software technology components required to support the current and emerging business capability needs of the enterprise. This position will provide oversight and guidance for the application development community responsible for developing and maintaining AutoNation’s software assets (both internal and external), numerous vendor/partner resources and will interface with all functions and levels within the AutoNation enterprise in order to set standards and direction for AutoNation’s application development landscape.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with business and IT leaders to ensure the application architecture is internally aligned with corporate strategy, innovation programs, product development, customer initiatives, regulatory matters and other strategic priorities.
- Work with all levels of business and IT to capture and analyze business drivers to develop enterprise application architecture requirements.
- Define and document current and future state application architectures, frameworks and roadmaps.
- Define, implement, and promote application and software architectural guidelines/standards, best practices, governing mechanisms, key processes, controls and supporting tools.
- Promote and evangelize shared application services to encourage reuse, reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Design and build / lead teams to build shared framework components that can be used as reference solutions and/or accelerators for teams to develop.
- Analyze and evaluate cloud solutions and set standards for both adoption and usage patterns.
- Partner with application development teams to ensure that solutions align to reference architecture model and technology strategy.
- Review technology-related investment proposals and verify accurate application solution estimates are provided, proposals are consistent with software architectural guidelines/standards, and potential risks have been identified.
- Lead cross-functional teams on software and application technology selection, design considerations, evaluation criteria, due diligence requirements, proofs of concept and any other related software technology selection and adoption techniques.
- Leverage expertise provided by partners, thought leaders and industry benchmarks to ensure AutoNation’s software and application development capabilities are aligned with market developments such as potential threats, emerging trends, convergence, consolidation, cloud computing, mobility and consumerization.
- Participate as an integral member of the IT management team responsible for defining and implementing software technology strategy, capital plans and continuous improvement objectives.
- Serve as steward, advisor, and thought leader on all matters related to AutoNation’s information assets, software technology environment, solution capabilities, emerging technologies, governance and secure coding practices.
- Facilitating project/vendor workshops and meetings related to application development architectures and technology.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field of study.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Application Architecture role or capacity.
- 10+ years of IT leadership experience developing, promoting, implementing and/or managing software technology-enabled solutions.
- Proven experience providing oversight for multiple, concurrent IT software development deliverables.
- Proven experience managing the evaluation, selection, delivery and performance of technology solution providers and offerings.
- Strong software development experience and background.
- Thorough understanding of modern application development frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with standard IT process and application development methodologies.
- Experience with application development in a cloud environment.
- Proven experience leveraging and adopting software technology design standards, processes, methodologies, tools, and maturity models.
- Knowledge of industry trends, market forces, regulatory environment and business strategy; must be able to translate business strategy into architecture requirements.
- Proven experience creating business-oriented presentations to communicate rationale for software architecture investments.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills in order to demonstrate thought leadership, promote guidelines/standards, establish oversight controls, facilitate solution design review among cross-functional stakeholder groups, establish buy-in, build consensus, surface key requirements, mentor associates and drive change,
- Can work independently with minimum direction on the most complex tasks.
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
AutoNation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.