Collision Parts Coordinator
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-125482 Date posted 09/18/2019 Job Location Torrance, California Company Name AutoNation Collision Center South Bay Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Collision Parts Coordinator assists the collision technicians and estimators, to ensure the correct parts are sourced and distributed for vehicles under repair at the collision center.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with the Collision Manager, interacts with various levels of Dealership management and staff.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Assist the collision center estimators with acquiring the required and correct parts for the work in process vehicles
- Assists in the distribution of parts to the body technician to expedite work flow
- Ensure that all parts are charged and linked to the collision management system (profit Net) for billing in the accounting system
- Responsible for inspecting each part received for accuracy and damage
- Responsible for returning all unused parts within 30 days of receipt. Keep current on new products and product updates
- Determine availability and provide necessary information for out-of-stock parts and secure approval for special and/or emergency orders by Collision Manager
- Responsible for coordinating sublet vendor and services to assist in expediting work flow
- Responsible for ensuring all parts received are label with RO #, technician and estimator names
- Maintains department, demonstrates good housekeeping skills
- Obtain time requirements from technicians and estimators to ensure customer time frames are met for vehicle deliveries
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Two years of previous parts experience
- 10-Key and/or Alpha-Numeric data entry skills and be able to utilize a computer for parts entry and linking of parts numbers in the accounting system
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Collision Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician