Collision Parts Coordinator - Collision Center of Timonium Timonium, MarylandApply Now Requisition ID 2017-65351
The Collision Parts Coordinator assists the collision technicians and estimators, to ensure the correct parts are sourced and distributed for vehicles under repair at the collision center.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with the Collision Manager, interacts with various levels of Dealership management and staff.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Assist the collision center estimators with acquiring the required and correct parts for the work in process vehicles
- Assists in the distribution of parts to the body technician to expedite work flow
- Ensure that all parts are charged and linked to the collision management system (profit Net) for billing in the accounting system
- Responsible for inspecting each part received for accuracy and damage
- Responsible for returning all unused parts within 30 days of receipt. Keep current on new products and product updates
- Determine availability and provide necessary information for out-of-stock parts and secure approval for special and/or emergency orders by Collision Manager
- Responsible for coordinating sublet vendor and services to assist in expediting work flow
- Responsible for ensuring all parts received are label with RO #, technician and estimator names
- Maintains department, demonstrates good housekeeping skills
- Obtain time requirements from technicians and estimators to ensure customer time frames are met for vehicle deliveries
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Two years of previous parts experience
- 10-Key and/or Alpha-Numeric data entry skills and be able to utilize a computer for parts entry and linking of parts numbers in the accounting system
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.