Job DetailsJob ID 2019-124515 Date posted 09/09/2019 Job Location Sarasota, Florida Company Name AutoNation Collision Center Sarasota Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Paint Technician is accountable for the painting of various body parts of a vehicle in accordance with the standard specification to quality of job and to ensure satisfaction of the Customer and the Company.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Parts Associates, Collision Associates, Cashiers, Sales Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Assessing and analyzing the damaged areas to prep for painting
- Preparing the correct color tint to match proper paint color
- Painting the vehicles with a high level of efficiency and quality
- Establishes a finished product which adheres to factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Two years of experience in a dealership position (preferred)
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations
- I-CAR Certification (preferred)
- ASE certification (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician