Job DetailsJob ID 2019-125014 Date posted 09/12/2019 Job Location Sacramento, California Company Name AutoNation Collision Center Sacramento Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Collision Repair Estimator is responsible for providing customers with automotive repair estimates and relating this information to the Collision Technician so that the unit can be repaired in a timely fashion.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Prepare all damage reports in an accurate and efficient manner
- Obtain all signatures, work authorizations and powers of attorney
- Negotiate an agreed price on every job prior to processing the job
- Review all final bills and supplemental billings prior to delivery of the vehicle
- Review the completed vehicle to check quality and thoroughness
- Greet each customer in the process of getting a vehicle repaired
- Make every effort to satisfy the customer's needs in regards to their automotive repair
- Assertively inform the customer that we feel we are the best choice for them to have their car repaired
- Make every effort to make a customer or potential customer feel comfortable and welcome during the sales and estimate process or whenever visiting the shop
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
- Must have a valid driver's license
- I-CAR Certification (preferred)
- ASE certification (preferred)
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Collision Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician