Sales Manager, AutoNation USA Phoenix, ArizonaApply Now Requisition ID 2017-67528
The AutoNationUSA Sales Manager leverages previous retail management experience, leadership, and interpersonal skills to drive superior performance. A valued member of the store leadership team, the Sales Manager spends the majority of their time coaching and developing their Sales Consultant team. They have day-to-day oversight and authority to respond and rectify potential customer service issues ensuring an extraordinary customer experience.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading Sales Consultants to exceed sales and customer service goals, executing both long and short term customer service, quality, and sales target strategies.
- Communicating expectations and providing motivation to Sales Consultants.
- Promoting an “everybody recruits” culture; attracting, retaining, and developing Associates.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach Associates at all levels.
- Maintaining key sales and performance measures.
- Handling customer concerns in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Exceeding production goals, including volume, reconditioning costs, and cycle times.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in service or retail general management, preferably with a major retailer managing a store team.
- Proven experience in sales, proven experience developing sales professionals.
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Thrives under pressure; able to positively work through challenging situations with both customers and Associates.
- Experience and desire to work with web-based search applications and tablet technology.
- Ability to work retail hours, including nights, some holidays, and weekends.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.