Collision Director Orlando, Florida AutoNation, IncRequisition ID 2019-115382
The Collision Director is responsible for developing business through insurance relationships, dealerships and customers, and other sources to assure an adequate sales volume to meet operating profit targets. As well as maintains internal customer satisfaction standards while controlling expenses, managing associate production and overall collision center performance.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily various levels of Dealership Management and reports to the Market President or Regional FOD.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Forecast goals and objectives for the collision center and strive to meet them
- Prepare and /or administer an annual operating budget for the collision center
- Understand, keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect collision center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, safety inspections, OSHA right-to-know, associate safety programs, EPA air quality standards etc
- Provide for an facilitate the recruiting, selection, on boarding and training of associates; planning/scheduling/assigning, monitoring and appraising job results and associate performance; and the coaching, counseling and disciplining of associates so as to develop and retain a qualified workforce
- Submit and /or maintain collision center technicians’ payroll, associate documentation as well as technician certification certificates – e.g. I-CAR / ASE / AC required by Region and company guidelines
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other AN Dealerships, insurance adjusters and customers to encourage repeat and referral business
- Ensure customer complaints are handled appropriately
- Ensure that Collision center facilities including customer waiting areas and work areas are appropriately maintained and clutter free
- Maintain proper operational documentation and customer repair files
- Accountable for compliance to all collision initiatives
- Ensure the collection of Accounts Receivable on all insurance and wholesale account closed
- Maintains all financial accounts related to collision center operations, AR / Open RO list / PO schedule - to ensure compliance accounting rules
- Ensure RO’s closed reflect work performed and are compliant to AN rules on revenue recognition
- Ensure the collision center’s parts and supply inventory is maintained per AN Parts reconciliation standards
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of web applications, MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Minimum of three years of experience in an auto body repair facility
- Advanced knowledge of body repair methods
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrable professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Experience providing quality customer service and/or handling complex customer, vendor or associate concerns.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.