Non-Certified Service Technician
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-109770 Date posted 02/06/2019 Job Location North Bethesda, Maryland Company Name Jaguar Land Rover Bethesda Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Non-Certified Technician inspects and services vehicles when they are delivered to the dealer and makes minor repairs or adjustments to place the vehicles in saleable condition.
Who would I interact with?
This position interacts daily with Service Associates, Sales Associates, Service Managers, Sales Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Sign an acceptance for each vehicle delivered
- Inspect vehicles for compliance with safety regulations and noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation
- Inspect surfaces to detect minor chips and scratches in paint
- Start engine and drive the vehicle to test steering, brakes, transmission and engine operation
- Activate power equipment such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights and directional signals to ensure specific operating standards
- Replace defective items according to specifications using hand tools
- Install optional equipment specified by the customer or Dealer such as outside mirrors, rugs or seat covers using hand tools
- Install or repair major mechanical, hydraulic, or electromechanical equipment such as radios, air conditioners, power steering units, and power brakes using hand tools
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments
- Tune engines using appropriate test equipment and tools as needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months of previous work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Here are just some of our benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians