Painters HelperMobile, Alabama AutoNation Collision Center Mobile Requisition ID 2019-126797
AutoNation's Collision Center in Mobile, Alabama, is NOW HIRING EXPERIENCED AUTO BODY PAINTERS HELPERS. We are looking for an experienced helper who can jump right into this role and assist with keeping production moving forward from post body work to final preparations for paint. Familiarity with wet sanding, buffing, taping, trim attachment, etc., are necessary for this position. AutoNation is a national recognized company with 80+ Collision Centers located in 16 states. We offer employee benefits, a steady stream of work, continued professional development, and the chance to internally grow with the company for those who have the skill and ambition to do more.
The Painter's Helper prepares repaired vehicles for refinishing and assist painters with their work.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Parts and Service Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Prepare vehicles and parts for painting using proper techniques, equipment, and materials
- Mask vehicles for painting
- Prime vehicles and parts
- Sand vehicles and parts prior to painting
- Review all work with painter
- Assist in smooth flow of work through the shop
- Account for time spent on each job each day
- Maintain work area in clean and safe condition
- Keep painter aware of work status
- Alert the painter to any usual problems or additional work needed on a vehicle
- Assist the painter as necessary
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
- Valid in-state driver's license
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
What benefits does AutoNation offer Full Time Employees?
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Maternity Leave
- Employer-paid Cancer Insurance
- Flex Spending & Health Accounts
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus / Spiff Opportunities
- Continued Professional Education & Training
- Employee Discounts for both AutoNation & External Vendor Products/ Services
- Charitable Organization Volunteer Opportunities
- Respectful work environment
- Professional Growth Opportunities
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
key words: automotive, painter, collision, body man, paint helper, collision helper, detailer, auto detail