Master Auto Body Technician
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-129830 Date posted 12/03/2019 Job Location Memphis, Tennessee Company Name AutoNation Collision Center Memphis Job Type Regular Full-Time
Building a team of the most talented automotive professionals in the country to serve our customers is what drives AutoNation. What drives you?
AutoNation is NOW HIRING a MASTER COLLISION TECHNICIAN to work in our busy, state-of-the-art Auto Body Repair Center located in Memphis, Tennessee! We are seeking Master Auto Body Tech to handle both major and minor collision damage from our various DRP accounts, walk-in customers, and internal dealership inventory repairs. Candidates will have previous experience working in a dealer or independently owned repair facility, a strong understanding of the repair lifecycle, and will have mastered the restoration process with their many years of collision repair experience. Our ideal Auto Body Technician will be able to jump right in like a pro working to assess vehicle damage, craft a repair plan, ordering replacement parts, and performing the refinishing work needed to bring our customers vehicles back to their former glory! As an I-Car certified body shop, AutoNation’s Collision Center provides our customers assistance with the repair process from “start-to-finish”, acting as a liaison between the customer and their insurance provider from the moment the vehicle first arrives at our shop for an estimate.Our ideal Collision Technician will perform body and mechanical repairs with integrity, understanding the necessity of providing impeccable work delivered with urgency, to our customers during their time of need.
Have we described you?? If our vision matches your drive, you might be the new AutoNation team member we’ve been looking for!
Who Would I Interact With?
The Master Auto Body Collision Technician position interacts daily with Collision Management, Technician Helpers, Painters, Parts Associates, Detailers, Service Advisors, Mechanics, Payroll Clerks, customers, and other corporate AutoNation associates to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of an AutoNation Collision Technician?
- Stay up to date on the latest repair methods and techniques used for vehicle make and models sold, and serviced, by the dealership
- Perform all frame, body and fender repairs according to the estimate and supplement as necessary
- Diagnose and document vehicle damage/ malfunctions with authorized repairs with efficiency and accuracy
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations in accordance with I-CAR and ASE best practices
- Communicate with Parts Associates to obtain needed components for body and mechanical repairs
- Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required, alerting the Collision Estimator of any safety concerns discovered during the repair process
- Operate all Body Shop equipment in a safe and productive manner, using basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations when mixing chemicals for use in the repair process
- Understands and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as the disposal of hazardous waste
- Provide mentoring and assistance with troubleshooting to less experienced technicians when challenges arise in the repair process
- Provides leadership to junior staff members, giving professional critiquing and coaching to team members when assisting them alter repairs that do not meet QC requirements
- Assists Collision Management with repairing and diagnosing specialty vehicles which have concerns that must be addressed prior to returning the unit to the customer
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- I-CAR Certification (required)
- ASE Certification (preferred)
- Previous experience working in an auto body repair facility as a Body Man / Tech
- Expert knowledge of repairing damaged body parts and vehicle frames after collision
- Minimum of 5+ years collision repair experience
- Self-motivated with a consistent, stable work history
- Current and valid U.S. issued driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to read, comprehend instructions and information
- Ability to operate and drive an automobile, automatic and manual (preferred, but not necessary)
What benefits does AutoNation offer Full-Time Employees?
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Maternity Leave
- Employer-paid Cancer Insurance
- Flex Spending & Health Accounts
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus / Spiff Opportunities
- Employee discounts for both AutoNation & external vendor products/ services
- Opportunities to participate in philanthropic outreach programs sponsored by AutoNation
- Fun and fast-paced work environment
- Professional development opportunities
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Collision Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician