Auto Body Technician
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-117709 Date posted 05/25/2019 Job Location Memphis, Tennessee Company Name AutoNation, Inc Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with the dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Service Managers, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in a safe manner
- Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Here are just some of our benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians
Jobs Near You
- Specialist, Visual Merchandising Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Experienced Inside Sales Associate Tempe, Arizona
- Sales Associate Commission Pay Plan, Equity Mining Las Vegas, Nevada