Technician - Base-BMW of Las Vegas
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 35 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
- Full Time
- Paid Uniforms
- Paid Training
- Retention & Employee Referral Bonuses
What makes a successful Service Technician at AutoNation?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy 10
- Problem-solver 8
- Efficient 9
- Responsible 10
- Detail-oriented 10
- Trustworthy 9
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts.
Save hundreds of thousands of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.
Job DetailsApply Now Job ID 2017-62477 Date posted 04/13/2017 Job Location Las Vegas, Nevada Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Base technician possess a general mechanical knowledge of all basic systems of a vehicle and the ability to follow direction of supervisors and/or service publications to perform work satisfactorily.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Service Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Follow factory and dealership repair procedures when performing warranty work
- Participate in service technician training programs
- Become familiar with latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications
- Participate in all in-dealership service training activities
- Attend manufacture sponsored service trainings
- Record cause of failure and a description of work done accurately and clearly on all repair orders
- Communicate regularly with service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information
- Request parts from the parts department as necessary
- Communicate regularly with the service manager, service technician team leader and/or service consultant to confirm diagnosis, status of repair, road test results and completion of work
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Graduate of mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent experience
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test Technical or trade school degree preferred
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians