Auto Body Technician
Job DetailsJob ID 2019-126871 Date posted 10/10/2019 Job Location Kissimmee, Florida Company Name AutoNation Collision Center Kissimmee Job Type Regular Full-Time
AutoNation is NOW HIRING an AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN to work in our busy Collision Center in Kissimmee, Florida. We are seeking an experienced Auto Body Tech to assist with managing the workflow from our various DRP accounts, walk-in customers, and internal repairs. Our ideal Collision Repair Technician will be able to jump right in, repair light to heavy frame damage with many years of welding and body experience. Candidates will have previous experience working in a dealer-owned or independent auto body repair facility and a strong understanding of the customer journey/ insurance repair lifecycle. Body Techs being considered for this role will understand the importance of being timely and accurate throughout the repair process and the need for the shop to maintain high CSI scores with the insurance providers/ DRP's we serve.
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for performing repairs to collision damaged vehicles as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Service Managers, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in a safe manner
- Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
What benefits does AutoNation offer Full Time Employees?
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ Match
- Company Paid Maternity Leave & Cancer Insurance
- Flex Spending & Health Accounts
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus / Spiff Opportunities
- Continued Professional Education & Training
- Vendor Discounts for Products & Services
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Key Words: Collision, Auto Body, Body Man, Body Repair Tech
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company Paid Cancer Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Company Paid Maternity Leave
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Vendor Discounts for Products and Services
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Life Insurance
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Collision Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.”- Service Technician