Technical Analyst Irving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service CenterRequisition ID 2019-117094
Effective Date: 5/14/2019
Business Title: Technical Analyst
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: Business Analytics Manager
Work Location: Irving, TX
The Technical Analyst’s focus is to work on projects that drive business awareness and decisions; Predict what the Business needs and make recommendations; See the solution beyond the code; Work across multiple systems, Supporting all departments within the Shared Services Center, Dealerships and other Corporate departments as needed.
Who would I interact with?
In this role you will partner directly with various Shared Services Center Departments, Corporate Departments and Regional and Dealership Accounting personnel while scoping and developing automated solutions.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Develop reports and tools using advanced Excel and MS VBA and formulas.
- Utilize knowledge of applicable data sources, tables and data relationships.
- Execute data queries across various systems utilizing SQL, Microsoft Access and Access.
- Work with management and subject matter experts to help define reporting requirements.
- Design efficient data collection techniques and develop reports that compile the data into simple and understandable formats such as dashboards, tables, graphs, etc.
- Scope and develop automated business solutions.
- Support the various SSC Departments and assist the Data Analytics Team by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions and providing technical support and data analysis.
- Identify opportunities to develop standardized reports for repeated data requests and work with IT to implement automation solutions.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships within the SSC and develop strong working knowledge of current business processes.
- Leads or participates in process improvement. Is a catalyst for change.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company Vision, Mission, and Values and SSC Social Contract, in all interactions with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Management or related field.
- 4 - 6 years data analytics or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Experience developing advanced Excel macros using VBA.
- Experience developing databases.
- Exceptional analytical and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technology-based data mining and analytics.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Detail oriented and organized.
What’s my next possible position?
Technical Analyst II
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.