Human Resources SpecialistIrving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service Center Requisition ID 2019-129881
Effective Date: 12/2/2019
Business Title: SSC HR Specialist
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: SSC HR Director
Work Location: Irving, TX
The HR Specialist will provide generalist-level support in multiple areas inclusive of HR administration (job requisitions, job postings, recruiting, pre-employment screening, onboarding and orientation, documentation and staffing agency management) for the AutoNation Shared Service Center.
Who would I interact with?
Interacts directly with SSC Teammates, Supervisors, and Managers.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Ensures compliance with all of AutoNation’s standardized HR processes, procedures, and approval requirements.
- Attend Supervisor and Manager meetings.
- Responsible for the Personnel Action Form process form initiation to final approval for end user entry using various systems.
- Manages the entire recruitment function including initiating job requisition, job posting, pre-screening, reference checks, interview scheduling, offers, and follow-up.
- Acts as location liaison for staffing agencies.
- Facilitates New Hire Orientation, Compliance Training, and Annual Benefits Training as needed throughout the year.
- Works closely with HR Director (HRD) to ensure proactive identification and resolution of employee relations issues; up to and including investigation.
- Monitors the status of Teammates on leave of absence and/or intermittent leave of absence, including worker’s compensation, and facilitates their return to work.
- Ensures the timely and accurate distribution of Teammate-related communications in conjunction with the HRD.
- Monitors all pre-employment testing and assessments for status and communicates with HRD and department managers accordingly.
- Coordinates the completion of unemployment documentation in a timely manner as necessary based on request from third party administrator.
- Compose and follow-up on Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Corrective Action Records (CAR), working with management on any compliance issues.
- Serves as a resource for the implementation of any HR-related national initiatives.
- Works closely with Finance group to reconcile month-end financials.
- May attend/represent company at unemployment compensation hearings.
- Acts as location liaison for Corporate Payroll.
- Represents HR in SSC RISE team activities, events, and company initiatives.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Minimum 2-year HR Generalist related experience; recruiting experience highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of HR processes and related regulations
- Previous experience addressing and resolving Teammate relations issues
- Able to perform in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Well organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What’s my next possible position?
Sr. HR Specialist
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.