Credit CoordinatorIrving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service Center Requisition ID 2019-121966
Business Title: Credit Associate
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: Credit Supervisor
Work Location: Irving, TX
The Credit Associate is responsible for making credit limit decisions based on analysis of relevant data. The credit team responds to Credit Desk phones and emails to handle tasks such as releasing orders, customer set-up/master data, and sales tax exemption.
Who would I interact with?
Interacts with internal customers and external lenders at various levels, peers, supervisor and management
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Answer queue calls from internal dealerships to approve pending orders
- Set up and update new and existing customer accounts, maintaining master data in an accurate manner preventing duplicate accounts
- Analyze customer data to make credit limit decisions/recommendations utilizing payment history, financial statement analysis, bank and trade references, and Experian scores/data
- Maintain sales tax exemption records, ensuring customer accounts reflect accurate tax exemption status
- Resolve or route issues from Support Desk tickets, calls or emails
What are the requirements for this job?
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor, anticipating customer’s needs and solving in a timely manner.
- Professional communications skills, written and verbal; active listening skills for problem identification and solution.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up and prioritization abilities.
- Basic accounting principles and logic.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a deadline-driven environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task; meets SLAs; close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness of assignments.
- Demonstrates personal credibility by taking responsibility for actions, being reliable and trustworthy, handling their fair share of the workload, and maintaining confidentiality for all credit information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; previous credit experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required
What’s my next possible position?
Credit Associate II
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.