Contract to Hire- Robotics Automation EngineerIrving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service Center Requisition ID 2019-117983
***This is a contractor to hire position***
AutoNation - America’s largest automotive retailer is looking for qualified people to join our team. AutoNation has been named “America’s Most Admired” automotive retailer for 5 of the past 6 years by Fortune magazine. Our ability to perform at such a high level is directly related to the efforts of our talented team of professionals, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. AutoNation offers an extremely generous compensation program in addition to industry leading benefits.
Top performers deserve top pay - If you have the Drive, We have the Vehicle!
We are growing our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capability that is continuing to transform many aspects of our business operations – and we’re looking for the right individual, with the right fundamental skills, to join this exciting, forward-looking work for our business.
If you are passionate about Application Integration, are always interested in how to improve an existing process, and have a proven technology background, the RPA Center of Excellence (CoE) team could be an excellent next step for your career.
As a part of the RPA CoE team, the Robotic Automation Engineer will use Robotics technologies such as Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath etc. and build new process solutions in accordance with standard AutoNation RPA framework, using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
The RPA CoE resides within the cross-business SSC’ IT Services organization.
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements to deploy automation solutions
- Build new automated process solutions, as well as problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of RPA processes and providing timely responses and solutions to Business Groups as required during the UAT and Production phases
- Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
- Maintain a current and thorough understanding of RPA tools and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience in an IT programming development environment, ideally in RPA tools or software test automation tools (like AA/UI-Path/Blue Prism/QTP/Open Span, etc.)
- Development experience in a Windows-based enterprise software environment, using languages such as C#, .NET or Visual Basic and MS SQL is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages such as MS Excel (VBA scripting), MS Visio, MS Access & MS Word
- Strong in requirement gathering and analysis (ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills