Cash Applications Specialist Irving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service CenterRequisition ID 2019-115379
Effective Date: 4/24/2019
Business Title: Cash Applications Specialist
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: Cash Applications Supervisor
Work Location: Irving, TX
The Cash Applications (CAP) Specialist is responsible for applying customer payments to trade accounts receivable customer accounts and applying payments for SSC departments and store locations. Associate will also take ownership of specialized processes and additional department duties.
Who would I interact with?
CAP associates, store finance personnel, Collections associates, Cash Management & AR Leadership Team, and other departments within the SSC (BA, Banking, GL Support, AP, VOPS, CFS, Support Desk & Payroll)
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Application of customer payments from lockbox, credit card, or wire/ACH to Accounts Receivable transactions or General Ledger accounts
- Ability to process advanced transactions including basic lockbox intercompany moves, non-AR check coding, CSV transaction posting, and adjusting entries.
- Ability to manage independent daily processes while maintaining high production levels.
- Researching payments to ascertain the proper customers and invoices for cash application
- Escalating payment discrepancies to the Lead/Supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service and professional communication to internal customers
- Provide ad-hoc training and support to other team members
- Research unapplied cash and resolve
- Cross train with other team members
- Able to assist other associates as needed.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Intermediate computer and Microsoft Excel skills
- Minimum one (1) years accounting experience, preferably in Cash Applications role
- Effective communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up and prioritization abilities
- Demonstrates personal credibility by taking responsibility for actions and being reliable and trustworthy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Results oriented, ensuring one’s own work is accurate and complete
- Ability to obtain information from several sources to address present needs
- Able to research and reconcile accounts utilizing various CDK functions, Cash App Connect, and Autonomy
What’s my next possible position?
Senior Cash Applications Specialist or Cash Applications Lead
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.