Accounts Payable SupervisorIrving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service Center Requisition ID 2019-121963
Effective Date: 8/16/2019
Business Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: Assistant Manager, AP
Work Location: Irving, TX
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the accounts payable activities relating to trade vendors in a paperless processing environment. The AP Trade Supervisor oversees the AP processing team who are the primary contacts for escalated issues and problem resolution for dealerships and vendors. Ensures that all processes for invoicing are completed within the established SLA and monitors AP processes for effectiveness and adherence to compliance guidelines.
Who would I interact with?
Interacts with internal and external customers at various levels, AP team, supervisor and management.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the AP Trade Team and for their assigned responsibilities, ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met and maintained in accordance with AutoNation Shared Services Center policy.
- Respond to escalated inquires, resolving issues related to invoices and providing instruction for standardized processing.
- Coach associates and monitor their performance, preparing month end results, facilitating quarterly one on ones and year end reviews.
- Work closely with the AP Analyst and AP Support team to identify opportunity areas and trends relating to process quality, vendor invoicing changes and exception handling.
- Organize team meetings, preparing agenda’s and presentations.
- Participate in interviews for new hires and identify potential candidates for open positions.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience
- Excellent organization, follow-up and prioritization skills
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with an emphasis on group presentations
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Strong teambuilding skills
- Excellent customer service skills
What’s my next possible position?
AP Assistant Manager
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.