Accounts Payable Manager Irving, Texas AutoNation Shared Service CenterRequisition ID 2019-112673
Effective Date: 3/15/2019
Business Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Division/Business Unit: Shared Services Center
Reports To: Director of SSC
Work Location: Irving, TX
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager is responsible for the effective management of accounts payable processes and teams. This includes growing p-card rebates, early pay discounts and identifying and capitalizing on other cost reduction and recuperation programs. Manages the Check Processing team responsible for the issuance of lien payoffs, dealer trade payments, inventory payments and general check requests. The AP Manager is expected to lead process improvements, development of associates and consistent execution of existing processes within established serve level agreements.
Who would I interact with?
Interacts directly with vendors, financial institutions, internal and external customers at various levels, peers, management and executives
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Lead an AP department within a Shared Services Center, serving over 300 retail locations and Corporate Headquarters operations
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain a world class accounts payable team
- Lead the Check Processing team and monitor Service Level agreements daily
- Maximize P-Card program and associated rebates and capitalize on early pay discounts
- Analyze various discount and rebate programs, and pursue key programs based on maximum return on investment
- Continuously improve processes to optimize effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure vendor invoices (approximately 250k per month) are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Update training material for the Department specific to job aids, UAT acceptance, store training, vendor training and associate training relating to lien payoffs, trade payments, invoice processing,
- P card transactions and Coupa processing
- Foster a customer service culture in all interactions with all internal constituents and vendors
- Manage process improvement projects with multiple vendors to identify gap and partner together for long term solutions with the integration of technology or enhanced payment options
- Maintain suitable internal controls to ensure adherence to AutoNation policies and procedures
- Consistently meet Service Level Agreements in all areas of the department
- Successfully manage the implementation of new processing and control technologies, and identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Manage annual 1099 reporting
- Remit national property tax for all retail locations
What are the requirements for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Experience in multi-unit business environment, preferably in a retail industry
- Experience with payments to financial institutions and EFT processing
- Experience with P-Card and/or other rebate programs (preferred, not required)
- Experience in a shared service environment (preferred, not required)
- Experience with system implementation/change management (preferred, not required)
- Experience with automated Procure-to-Pay systems (Coupa highly preferred, but not required)
- Master of Business Administration, CPA (preferred, not required)
What’s my next possible position?
Senior AP Manager or Director of SSC
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.