Sales Manager Retail Irvine, CaliforniaApply Now Requisition ID 2017-69527
The Sales Manager has the opportunity to lead a sales team to create an exceptional experience for customers. This role is responsible for selecting, training, coaching, developing and retaining the very best Sales Associates for the store and driving a high-level of performance among the sales team to increase market share, achieve targeted unit sales and profit margins while delighting every Customer along the way.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Sales Associates, other Managers, Financial Services Manager, and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading yourself and the team in a way that supports AutoNation’s Vision and Mission
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the sales team to achieve targeted performance in new and used vehicle sales and profit
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations
- Managing the negotiation process with Sales Associates ensuring that customers understand their vehicle purchase options and pricing
- Appraising vehicles for trade
- Managing all three areas of customer traffic: Showroom, E-Commerce, and Phones
- Partnering with General Manager and/or General Sales Manager to plan and manage new and used vehicle inventory
- Assisting in managing controllable expense elements for the New and Used Vehicle Departments
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Sales Manager is measured by achieving:
- Targeted unit sales and gross profit
- Targeted Associate retention
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven success in auto retail sales
- Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Ability to drive an exceptional Customer experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Sales Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- Used Vehicle Manager
- Financial Services Director
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.