Sales RepresentativeHouston, Texas AutoNation Auto Auction Houston Requisition ID 2019-126800
The Sales Representative proactively services assigned customer accounts, identifying new opportunities to sell additional AutoNation services while ensuring an exceptional customer experience. The successful Sales Representative achieves significant year over year growth with each account assigned while ensuring any service issues are quickly rectified.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Growing the business through actively seeking out new auction sales opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers while promoting the AutoNation brand through communication on sale days.
- Executing a plan to grow all assigned accounts while finding new accounts.
- Servicing accounts in person, via phone and e-mail, looking for additional opportunities
- Addressing any customer service issues and escalating to management as necessary.
- Provide weekly sales call reports to the General Manager (GM).
- Achieving or exceeding established sales goals as set by management team.
- Delivering exceptional customer experience to help achieve account retention and growth goals.
- Communicating with dealerships in assigned territory to grow the business.
- Partnering with management, the sales team, and other associates to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day, re-running vehicles as needed.
- Completing auction tasks such as contacting dealers for list of auction VINs, ordering transportation for VINs to the auction, checking inspections, ensuring vehicle readiness, representing the seller on the auction block accepting bids and offers, providing clients and title department the sold report, negotiating offers.
- Providing new client orientation including reviewing auction rules, providing tours, explaining the auction services as the dealers’ advocate, assisting with dealer registration and training new clients on how to utilize the auction website.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years proven success in outside sales and customer service required. Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales preferred.
- Experience in selling and servicing an account list and a proven track record of growth.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and Word).
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory as required.
- Experience and desire to work with technology.
- Experience with Auction Edge/ASI and ASI Exec auction systems a plus
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.