General Associate - WarehouseHouston, Texas AutoNation Parts Warehouse Houston Requisition ID 2019-123132
The position of General Warehouse Team Member is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, selection, shipping and movement of products within the four walls of the ACP Parts Warehouse while maintaining the facility in a safe and orderly fashion.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory counts and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space
- Utilize CDK and other systems for warehouse management
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
- Report any discrepancies in orders or inventory
- Operate material handling equipment
- Transport, move, or stack freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand (only items less than 50 pounds), forklift, or other equipment
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area
Other duties assigned as needed.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Know or have the ability to learn about stock and products.
- Maintain a current forklift license and abide by safety rules and regulations.
- Valid driver's license and driving record, which meets the driving policy guidelines
- Distribution center experience : 2 years (Required)
- Performing General Physical Activities— Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Handling and Moving Objects— Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events— Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Controlling Machines, Tools, and Processes— Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines, tools or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment— Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles, forklifts and other equipment located in the warehouse.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.