Body Technician - Collison Center Galleria
You don’t just fix vehicles. You ensure the safety of thousands of drivers in your community. So why not do your best work for America’s largest automotive retailer? In 300 store locations from coast to coast, AutoNation Service Technicians work on 36 vehicle brands — from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes Benz. No matter your specialty, you’ll have advancement opportunities at every level of your career. Join us and find your personal road to satisfaction and success.
- Full Time
- Paid Uniforms
- Paid Training
- Retention & Employee Referral Bonuses
What makes a successful Service Technician at AutoNation?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy 10
- Problem-solver 8
- Efficient 9
- Responsible 10
- Detail-oriented 10
- Trustworthy 9
“We build pathways to help you accelerate as fast as you can and want to go or take as long as you need. I’ve been with the company for 16 years. I started with AutoNation as a foreman at a very small store and now I manage more than half the stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have personally trained up four Service Directors.” - Service Technician
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts.
Save hundreds of thousands of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.
Job DetailsJob ID 2018-103876 Date posted 11/09/2018 Job Location Houston, Texas Job Type Regular Full-Time
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with the dealer and factory standards.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Service Managers, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain the needed parts
- Examines the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in a safe manner
- Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ASE certification (preferred)
- At least two years automotive experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Inside the shop with Universal Technical Institute and AutoNation
See why UTI graduates love working as service technicians for AutoNation
AutoNation’s Natalee Doenig explains why she looks to UTI to fill the ongoing demand for service technicians
- Sales Associate eCommerce and Phone - Ford Fort Worth Fort Worth, Texas
- Service Technician - Ford Lincoln Auburn Auburn, Alabama
- Service Technician - Nissan Lewisville Lewisville, Texas