Human Resources Manager - Northern California Fremont, California AutoNation, IncRequisition ID 2019-117369
Experienced Human Resources Manager needed
for San Francisco and Sacramento Area
AutoNation is America’s largest automotive retailer. Drive your career forward by joining our Fortune 200 company.
This Human Resources position provides human resources support for dealerships in the San Francisco / Roseville Market. The position is responsible for partnering with management at each dealership, as well as Market leadership to assist with resolving employee concerns, building culture and driving higher employee morale.
This position is based in the the San Francisco Bay Area
Candidates who have been successful in the role and who have continued to grow their career have the following experience/skill set:
- Prior experience with employee populations of 300 or more.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Strong investigative skills in terms of handling complex employee concerns
- Intermediate knowledge of California wage and hour law
- Being an effective business partner to Market President
- Partner with management in each location to increase retention and identify areas of opportunities
- Work with dealership management to drive a high level of performance
- Partnering with General Managers to ensure staffing needs are met
- Provide on-boarding support for sales associates
- Conduct investigations relating to employee relation issues including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, unfair treatment or unethical conduct
- Facilitates management training and follow up with all associates to ensure completion of all required training
- Prior Employee Relations background a must with 2 year minimum experience handling workplace investigations
- Must meet Company’s requirements for employment
- Minimum of two to three years HR related experience
- Prior multi-site experience preferred
- Some college preferred, but not mandatory
- Able to perform in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license