Supply Chain PlannerFort Lauderdale, Florida ACP AutoParts, LLC Requisition ID 2019-114059
The Supply Chain Planner works with the Inventory Planning Manager and the Automotive Service, Parts and Collision teams to assist with developing and managing the forecasting and planning operational plan to ensure that available parts inventory levels satisfy market demand. The Supply Chain Planner will work with the parts supply base for AutoNation, with the Parts Distribution Centers and Hubs, and internal departments and systems to achieve the targeted fill rates for our customer base. Minimal travel may occur.
- Resides on the Service, Parts and Collision Corporate Team and acts under the authority of the Director, Purchasing & Inventory and dotted line to the Inventory Planning Manager.
- Will interface with many internal departments not limited to Purchasing, Finance, Sales, Logistics, IT, and externally the Distribution Centers and suppliers of AutoNation.
- Helps to develop forecasting model based on historical data and multiple other factors
- Develops purchase order strategy with supply base which is based upon multiple factors and then work with suppliers to order material timely based on inventories, lead times, etc. to ensure customer support from our warehouses
- Understands the dynamics of assigned categories and items including: seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives, sales drivers and life cycle plans.
- Identifies and resolves low to out of stock issues, focusing on minimizing shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels
- Works with vendor base and help to develop and then use vendor scorecards to resolve chronic issues such as lead time, fill rate, data quality, cost and pricing accuracy, etc. to drive toward a world-class supply chain organization
- Ownership and delivery of material level demand forecasting, based on best practice principles that supports and enables achievement of best forecast accuracy performance leading to service, stock and cost management objectives
- Review forecast accuracy reports (TBD), and then perform the analyses to understands root cause of inaccuracy and actions required to address
- Basic understanding of supplier quality requirements and then work with suppliers when issues arise that we need to get involved with from the DC’s or the suppliers
ADDITIONAL SKILL SETS:
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal and external customer requirements.
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator, able to communicate to various audiences effectively, and be team oriented with the ability to work cohesively with others
- Must be able to work well with external suppliers and in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Strong organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Must understand forecasting and demand planning principles
- Solid understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes
- Commitment to integrity and to the team, offering a participative and open style
- Must have a strong work ethic and a high level of initiative and assertiveness
- Analysis, judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to act hands on and to work directly with the supply base and distribution centers teams with experience in multi-site inventory and supply chain management
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of inventory and cost management principles
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability and thriving in a dynamic environment
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Materials (or applicable degree)
- Computer Skills: Must have strong knowledge in PC software applications specifically in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel and have strong analytical skills.
- 3-5 years planning/scheduling experience with management of a high number of SKU’s, working with both domestic and international suppliers
- Experience utilizing an MRP system for forecasting/planning/scheduling as well as more manual methods such as Access and Excel
- CPIM / CSCP certification is a plus
- Automotive/Aftermarket industry experience